The use of olive oil adds a depth of flavor to the Asian ingredients in this dish. Red rice is readily available in Asian supermarkets but any rice may be used. A variety of Asian greens are available at most supermarkets and large greengrocers.
- 2 chicken fillets, trimmed of fat.
- ¼ cup Nuggetty Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and chopped
- Mixed Asian greens such as bok choy, pak choy, choy sum, kang kong (water spinach), amaranth etc.
- Additional Nuggetty Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup red rice
- Chopped chilli
- Diced red capsicum
- Spring onion, chopped
Mix together marinade ingredients, pour over chicken and leave for at least 30 minutes.
Prepare Asian greens by rinsing, removing coarse steams and leaves etc.
Cook the red rice as instructed on the packet, cooking time is similar to that needed to cook brown rice. While rice cooks, grill or sauté the chicken fillet until just cooked. Gently heat a little olive oil in a large pan or wok, add the greens and sauté until just tender. Add a dash of soy, salt and pepper if desired.
To serve, place the chicken fillet onto a plate, arrange sautéed greens on one side and on the other the red rice, (tossed with a little olive oil, chopped spring, chilli and red capsicum) and serve at once.
Chilled Riesling or beer would be a good choice to serve with this dish.